If you are enthusiastic about animals, especially birds, or just want to decorate your garden, build a birdhouse design to make an incredible craft project for the afternoon, buoy baskets are easy to build and fun to watch in the spring and summer when birds raise their children. A basic bird house can be completed in several hours and with a very small budget.
For blue birds and their young, a stall does not just make a perfect living space, but it also provides space for food.
Measurements are always due to the fact that the box's proportions and its entrance hole size should be considered to offer accommodation to our choice of bird species.
Bird house Building advice:
- Use galvanized nails with wood screws or spiral shafts.
- Do not use pressure-treated wood.
- Use a coarse-cut trough, 1 "thickly recommended (at least" ") to isolate the nest from the temple, the cedar becomes a good choice.
- Allow ventilation by opening an opening between the ceiling and the sides or the holes at the top.
- Hole in the bottom for drainage.
- Do not paint the box inside, instead paint the ceiling with a light color to protect it from moisture and to reflect the heat.
- Perch is not necessary! Because it only provides a light breeding to predators.
- Secure the entrance with a metal wire so that the bird can get through it but not a raccoon.
- Place the bird house facing the dominant winds.
- Protect the opening from squirrels by placing the hole a piece of thin metal pieces.
- For cleaning and examination, make sure that the front panel or side of the box is hinged so that it can be easily opened.
Importance of location:
Successful success, as a primary part of real estate, depends on the location.
So here are some guidelines for placing blue bird houses:
- Mount the drawers 5 meters from the ground and face the openings south or east.
- Place the houses 150 meters, at least from buildings, farms, eateries or other areas where there are some sparrows.
- Make sure the case hangs from a baffled hanger or on a baffled pole to keep predators away from accessing the house.
- Avoid areas where wild or domestica cats are common.
- To avoid the territorial disputes of bluebirds, the bird houses should be placed 150 meters apart. However, you can reduce competition between tree whales and bluebirds by placing boxes in pairs, so that a pair of each variety can live in close proximity.
- Facial boxes against shrubs or trees so that young birds can easily leave the nest and fly to perch.
- Do not place bird houses on wooden roof posts that deteriorate or rotate to avoid possible mouth problems.
- Avoid placing the boxes where chemicals are often sprayed.
To increase the chance that the bird family will make from your bird's home their home, you should do your homework and learn from other people's mistakes, so you might consider increasing the likelihood.